Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day: Celebrity Round-up

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone! Hope you all have big plans for today, even if it's only sitting in front of the TV with your favourite chick flick and a tub of Ben & Jerry's (okay, maybe that's just my plan...). Maybe it's because I have such lame V-Day plans myself, but I really like hearing about what other people are doing for Valentine's Day. And since this blog is totally filmi, I'm giving you a quick rundown of what B-Town has to say about Valentine's Day!


Aftab Shivdasani: i dont have a valentine.. anyone interested? lol

Ummmm... *crickets*...


Devika Bhagat: This V-day I cherish stuff my exes left behind- momo steamer, copy of Kitchen Confidential,comfy boxers,35mm manual,tripod, thanka painting.

 THAT'S the spirit, girlie!

Ajay Devgn: Happy Valentine’s Day. Do we need to single out one day to celebrate love?

Alright, so this age-old argument about whether we need just one day to celebrate love annoys the heck out of me. No, of course we don't need just one day to celebrate love--but what's the harm in having a day dedicated to it? It's supposed to be fun, stop reading too much into it!

Shahid Kapoor: "I'm waiting to fall in love, completely and hopelessly." Credit: Roshmila Bhattacharya; Hindustan Times.

Ummm, Shahid... main hoon na!

Preity Zinta: Happy Valentines Day ! 4 those in love, enjoy it, live it breath it! Nothing compares to being in love.. It makes the world go around! Ting! 4 da heartbroken "A beautiful photo is made frm a negative in a dark room!" Let go of da past & heal urself so u can move on! Love awaits u. 4 da cynics, "Men r like toilets, either occupied or full of shit !" U will have 2 go thru the frogs in order 2 find ur prince ;-). He ! He!

Well, she sure covered all ends of the spectrum, didn't she? But I won't lie, that "occupied or full of shit" theory does hold some weight...

Uday Chopra: Happy Valentines day..if u have someone to love then make sure u show it. If u dont, then keep Love in ur heart and u will never be alone

Real advice. Thank you, Uday!

Rahul Khanna: "The only thing I enjoy about Valentine's Day is the irony that it has the same initials as what I'm sure many have contracted as a result of it." Credit: Malini Agarwal; www.missmalini.com

I would comment on this, but then I'd just go off on a tangent about how much I love Rahul Khanna and his writing and the fact that there are very few people in the world who use words the way he does... so, I'd better stop...

Shilpa Shetty: Happy Valentines day to all.Last min surprise by Hubby,so in romantic Venice:)Loving it. There goes my diet! Pizzas and Gelatos yummmmmeeee!

Well, I know I would love a guy who considered Venice just a "last minute surprise." Enjoy it, Shilpa! The rest of us can only dream...


That's all for today! Hope you guys have/had (depending on your time zone!) a wonderful Valentine's Day. :)

3 comments:

  1. Neat post idea! Thanks for the round up :D

    Oh Rahul, as ever you outshine the crowd effortlessly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You dont like Aftab? His role in Masti has made me fall in love with him forEVER. -Steff

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steff - Haha, he's cute! But I couldn't resist poking fun at him for openly asking for a Valentine on Twitter. ;)

    ReplyDelete