Thursday, February 10, 2011

Bollywood Playlist #1: Bakhuda Tumhi Ho

 I'm a big Hindi music geek, and I'm almost obsessed sometimes with finding the right song to go with the right moment. For this reason, one of my favourite things to do is create playlists to go along with my moods. I'm sharing one with you all today; hopefully there will be more in the future!


Bakhuda Tumhi Ho: A Soundtrack to Describe that Special Someone
All songs include the word 'tum' ('you') or some variation in the title.

 
 bakhuda tumhi ho; kismat konnection

tu hi ehsaason mein
tu hi jasbaaton mein
tu hi lamhaaton mein
tu hi din raaton mein

you are in each experience of mine
you are in each feeling of mine
you are in all my moments
and in my nights and days as well


tum mile (reprise); tum mile

tum mile tho lamhe tham gaye
tum mile tho saare gham gaye
tum mile tho muskuraana aa gaya

now that you're mine, these moments have frozen
now that you're mine, all my grief has disappeared
now that you're mine, i've learned how to smile



tujh mein rab; rab ne bana di jodi

tu hi tho jannat meri
tu hi mera junoon
tu hi tho mannat meri
tu hi rooh ka sukoon

you're my heaven
you're my passion
you're my prayers
you're my soul's comfort and peace



mujhe teri; paathshaala

tere bina yeh jeevan jaise soona sapna
tere bina tujh ko har pal doondhe yeh dil mera

without you, my life is like a lonely dream
without you, my heart searches for you every moment


jab mila tu; i hate luv storys

jaise ghadi ki gihra se waqt kahin pe gira ho
jaise roshni subah se ho jaaye judaa
jaise gaane aur nazam se sur ko hi chura le
waise aadha adhoora main hoon tere bina

as if time has fallen from the clock
as if light has been separated from the morning
as if melody has been taken away from a song
in the same way, i am incomplete without you



tum ho toh; rock on!!

jo tum ho toh hawa mein bhi mohabbaton ka rang hai
jo tum na ho toh phir koi na josh na umang hai

when you're there, even the wind is coloured with love
when you're not there, there is no passion or joy



tu hi haqeeqat; tum mile

tu hi haqeeqat
khwab tu
dariya tuhi
pyaas tu

you are reality
you are a dream
you are the river
and you are the thirst


bin tere (reprise); i hate luv storys

bin tere, bin tere, bin tere
koi khalish hai hawaaon mein bin tere

without you, without you, without you
there is uneasiness in the air, without you


tum se hi; jab we met

raastein mil jaati hai
manzilen mil jaati hai
tum se hi, tum se hi

roads are found
destinations are reached
only with you, only with you

No comments:

Post a Comment